Hey everyone! Now some of you have been asking, “What is the best soap for dry skin?”
It’s obviously come about due to all the current advice about the need to wash our hands frequently – and like many of you – I’ve been washing mine, as instructed, a lot.
But the risk of so much washing is that our skin is likely to dry out or become irritated. I’m always conscious of my hand health and so I’m always on the look out for the best soap for dry skin as I feel this is probably the kindest soap for my hands.
You might also like : The Best Soap Free Body Wash
Best Soap for Dry Skin – My Top Picks
If more intense hand washing is going to continue for a while, and it seems it will, I decided that my family needs a couple of good online sources for the best soap for dry skin – especially as local supermarkets seem to be running out of my faves.
I have a few soaps to share with you today, from ones that I personally prefer to others that I’ve chosen based on customer reviews or ingredients.
So if you’re wanting to stock up online with the best soap for dry skin to keep you hands clean then here are my picks.
Dove White Original Soap Beauty Bar
We used to nearly always have a Dove beauty cream bar in stock because I loved it’s moisturising properties. I stopped buying it a while ago in favour of NuSkin (see below) but now I’m about to stock up again because it’s really economical as well as tried and tested.
I find Dove soap is very mild and it doesn’t strip my skin of moisture in the same way that some soaps do. You know that feeling when your hands feel tight after washing? I don’t find that with Dove. I believe it’s possibly the best soap for sensitive skin.
Product description from supplier
- Dove White Beauty Bar doesn’t dry skin like regular soap
- #1 Dermatologist Recommended Beauty Bar/
- With ¼ moisturizing cream and mild cleansers, Dove bar soap helps your skin maintain its natural moisture/
- Leaves skin softer, smoother and more radiant-looking vs. ordinary soap/
- The Beauty Bar is suitable for daily use on face, body and hands.
Dove White Beauty Bar combines a gentle cleansing formula with Dove’s signature ¼ moisturizing cream to give you softer, smoother, more radiant looking skin vs. ordinary soap.
The mild cleansers help your skin to retain its natural moisture rather than stripping it away.
This Dove bar soap even helps to replenish nutrients that are lost during the cleansing process – where a regular soap bar might leave your skin feeling dry and tight. It’s not a soap – it’s a beauty bar.
What makes Dove different?
Its gentle cleansers help your skin retain its natural moisture and its mild formula is kind to your skin.
For best results, lather up your Dove Beauty Bar and massage the smooth, creamy lather over your face and body before rinsing thoroughly. For soft, smooth hands, you can also enjoy regular hand-washing throughout the day with your Dove bar.
Dove soap has 5 Star customer reviews. People say it works as intended and that it represents good value for money. They say they love the light clean smell and that you get a soap that’s as described.
Buy Dove White Beauty Bar
Click here to buy: Dove White Beauty Bar
It also comes in a handy Travel Size.
When I’m on holiday with family in England, this is the soap I love to buy if I see it in a gift shop. I may buy it for a present, but also as a treat for myself as it looks so luxurious.
Imagine my delight when I found it’s available online.
This moisturising soap contains shea butter which helps to moisturise dry skin, leaving your skin softer and more supple than other harsher hand soaps.
I love the floral smell, and although it comes in several delightful fragrances, Lily of the Valley is probably my favourite.
The manufacturers expand on the fragrance as if it’s a fine wine!
They say it has floral top notes of sweet jasmine on a bed of honeysuckle and magnolia. Middle notes are rich with Lily of the valley and rose creating a light and dewy scent.
Product Description from Supplier
- Lily of the Valley 200g vintage soap bar
- It’s enriched with shea butter to nourish and moisturise all skin types.
- Made with pure vegetable oils to create a luxurious bar, this soap has a fragrance that will last up to 24 months after opening or to the end of the bar.
- Wrapped in a vintage designed paper, this soap will leave your skin feeling smooth, soft and smelling fresh.
- Vegan friendly, not tested on animals and free from parabens, SLS and SLES.
- Packaging is recyclable and plastic free.
- Also available in a wide range of fruity, floral, fine and festive fragrances.
- Made in England, in the heart of the countryside using 100% traditional triple milled methods.
Lily of the Valley Soap has 5 star reviews and customers say it has a great scent.
Buy Lily of the Valley Soap
Nu Skin Body Bar
This product comes in both a gel and a bar. I love this soap and for me it’s the best soap for dry skin that I’ve found.
I like to keep the soap bar handy for hand washing and I love the elegant container it comes in to stop your vanity surface getting all sticky.
You can buy a Body Bar Refill pack which is more economic, which obviously comes without the container.
The best body wash – If you prefer a body gel then there’s a handy Nu Skin liquid gel in a bottle which we like to keep in the shower. For me this is the best body wash for dry skin.
These products are competitively priced but are not the cheapest. However, I love them and for me they work well, plus they smell really nice and fresh, and help keep my skin soft and supple.
I love that they only take a few days to get to me from order to delivery, so if you’re running low on soap and need it fast, then this is a great brand to go for.
Product Description from Supplier
The Body Bar washes away dirt and impurities, leaving skin fresh and clean. Many people prefer the hands-on convenience of a bar. Nu Skin® Body Bar is exactly what they want—a gentle yet effective cleanser in the traditional form of a bar, but with additional skin softening benefits.
pH balanced Body Bar is a 100% soap-free, cleanser scientifically formulated to condition the skin and help protect against dryness. (Great for the entire family.)
- Gentle, nondrying cleansers thoroughly remove dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of vital lipids.
- Leaves skin never feeling dry.
- pH balanced to help maintain skin integrity and protect its delicate moisture barrier.
- Aromatic grapefruit scent invigorates the senses and enhances the shower experience.
- 100% soap free.
- Safety-allergy-dermatologist tested.
Buy The Body Bar
Buy the Body Bar (and check ingredients)
Buy the Refill Pack (and check ingredients)
If you’re looking for the best liquid soap for dry skin then try the Body Gel : Buy the Body Gel (and check ingredients)
Crate 61 Best Seller Soap 6-Pack Box Set, 100% Vegan Cold Process Bar Soap
This product is scented with premium essential oils and natural flavors and although I haven’t tried this soap product yet, I love the look of it and think it’s a great option – something a little bit different to the norm if you’re looking for soap for dry skin, but something with a fresh, invigorating fragrance.
I also love the look of the quirky, biodegradable packaging.
Product Description from Supplier
Our soap is made exclusively with certified vegan and cruelty free ingredients and packaged in fully biodegradable paperboard boxes.
Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and unrefined avocado oil lend a rich bubbly lather that will leave your skin super soft and moisturized.
This set includes a bar of each of the following best selling soaps:
- Avocado Grapefruit – This soap is loaded in avocado and extra virgin olive oil making it an ultra nourishing bar of soap, while the aroma is an invigorating sweet citrus smell that you will love!
- Coconut – Clearly an industry favorite aroma! Every time you smell this bar of soap your mind will travel to a tropical beach destination!
- Lemongrass – Lemongrass soap has a super fresh and clean aroma that is achieved with the purest of lemon and lemongrass essential oils.
- Lavender – Scented with premium grade lavender essential oil, this bar will calm your mind and soothe your skin!
- Eucamint – Eucamint soap is formulated with a heavy dose of eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils which will make your bathroom smell like a 5-star spa!
- Seaweed Sea Salt – Pure and unrefined sea salt and Canadian seaweed from the shores of British Columbia make this bar very mineral rich! Scented with lavender, lemon and bergamot essential oils.
Reviews on these soaps were not consistently 5 star, but there were some excellent comments, and a great Q and A segment answering questions put to the suppliers by customers. Some customers said these soaps are great value, that each bar is a good size, and that the natural scents are delightful. Some said they would never go back to traditional soaps again, and that these soaps leave your skin feeling soft, that the soap lasts well and lathers well too.
Buy Crate 61
No Soap? Then keep some Hand Sanitiser handy
I don’t particularly like hand sanitiser – BUT if I’m in a situation where I can’t wash my hands, then I makes sure that I have some handy in the car, and in my handbag at all times.
So if you’re going to be somewhere that you can’t wash your hands, then don’t forget to always have some hand sanitiser as the second best option to hand washing – but do get back to proper hand washing with soap and water as soon as you can.
Buy Here: Hand Sanitiser
Soap Free Wash
Looking for products that are soap free? You might like this post : Best Soap Free Body Cleansing Wash
and this one : Best Soap Free Body Wash for Sensitive Skin
Save this post : Best Soap for Dry Skin: Pin it to Pinterest for easy reference.
NB: This post is written from my own personal opinion about products I like, and is not intended as medical advice. Please consult your healthcare professional before using any of the products listed if you are in any doubt.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links from which I stand to earn a small commission if you buy from them – but at no expense to you. Lifestyle Fifty Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.