Do you want to whiten your teeth and have a brighter smile? Are you looking for the best teeth whitening toothpaste you can find?
I think most of us would like to have white teeth, and a toothpaste we can use everyday that helps keeps them light and bright and healthy.
One of the things I’m lovin’ about life right now is that my teeth have lost their yellow glaze.
So if you’ve recently thought about the best ways to keep your teeth white, or wondered how to whiten your teeth, or asked what’s the best whitening toothpaste, or just wanted to know how to whiten your teeth at home, here’s what I’ve been finding out (and crash testing) and this article is just for you.
Teeth whitening home remedies
It’s a sad fact that our teeth take a hammering because of what we eat and drink.
But we use and abuse our teeth don’t we? Coffee, red wine, black tea, cigarettes, forgetting to brush them, neglecting to floss – they all play a part in staining or damaging our teeth.
There are a few things you can be aware of everyday …
- If you eat or drink anything dark it could stain your teeth – so it’s wise to brush your teeth after drinking red wine, or coffee – and if you can’t brush them, then swill your mouth out with fresh water.
- If you’re using a normal toothbrush then choose one with a gentle brush (rather than an abrasive one) and don’t brush too hard or you can damage your gums.
- Change your toothbrush, or toothbrush head if you’re using an electric one, about every 3 months.
- Drink a cup of tea every day – apparently flavonoids in tea stop bacteria from sticking to our teeth, and block a type of sugar which leads to cavities.
- Have a dental check up every six months, along with a professional clean and polish. Not only for your tooth health but also your gum health because research suggests there is a link between gum disease and an increased risk of heart disease.
- Sugar and bacteria lead to plaque so try not to eat sugary foods – or drink fizzy drinks which can dissolve tooth enamel.
Foods that help clean your teeth naturally
Apples are great at helping to clean your teeth. I’m told they are like nature’s toothbrush. I’ve been trying to have an apple a day.
So too are raw carrots, celery and unsweetened popcorn.
Drink plenty of water in small amounts throughout the day.
How to make your teeth look whiter
Don’t wear pure white clothes or scarves close to your face.
Choose a medium coral or light red lipstick which help to make your teeth look whiter.
Don’t wear light coloured lipsticks as this will bring out the yellow more.
I like wearing pinky/lilac coloured lipsticks which I think help make my teeth look whiter.
The best teeth whitening toothpaste.
I’ve tried lots of toothpastes over the years and a friend introduced me to this one. I was sceptical at first, but having used it for some time now, I think this is the best teeth whitening toothpaste I’ve ever bought. It’s a great stain removing toothpaste, and for me it’s been the best way to brighten and whiten teeth at home.
These are some of the things I love about it …
- It doesn’t have the ‘nasties’ which some popular brand toothpastes do.
- No peroxides.
- No bleach.
- No harsh abrasives – I use it twice a day.
- It lightens teeth while preventing cavities.
- It’s good for sensitive teeth (like mine)
- It has a vanilla/mint flavour which freshens breath.
- And it has 3 types of protective ingredients that protect your teeth from build up of plaque.
Below are the before and after results I’ve been getting after about two months using this tooth whitening toothpaste …
According to the company ‘blurb’ …
- This toothpaste has no peroxides. Peroxides bleach teeth, but can weaken tooth enamel and irritate soft mouth tissues. Peroxides should only be used in a professional setting.
- It has no harsh abrasives— abrasive substances might remove stains, but they erode and scratch teeth.
- A stain reduction test was performed by the company which makes this toothpaste to determine the percent increase in tooth brightness. The whitening effects were measured after brushing with toothpaste and resulted in a 63 percent increase in tooth brightness.
- This teeth whitening toothpaste also has protective ingredients that protect your teeth from build up of plaque.
Can this teeth whitening toothpaste make my teeth whiter than they are naturally?
No. This Teeth whitening toothpaste is not an oxidising, bleaching agent. However, if your teeth are stained, darkened, or soiled from various foods, tobacco, or drinks, it will help whiten teeth by helping remove the stains to return your teeth to their light, natural colour.
Buy Now – 20% discount until Christmas!
It’s the perfect present for you, or anyone you know looking for a brighter smile 🙂
Buy now and get 20% off here: Best Tooth Whitening Toothpaste I know
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links from which I stand to earn a small commission if you buy from them at no expense to you. Lifestyle Fifty Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.