Hands up who loved Queen’s, Bohemian Rhapsody? Haha! Cue for a song … “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? …”
Oh gosh I did, I mean I knew all the words once upon a time. And this song is a great road trip pleaser, isn’t it?
“Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning … very very ….”
Get the picture! Are you singing along yet?
Well there I was belting this out over the noise of the vacuum when it came on the radio the other morning and it made me think about how much I love Bohemian anything.
Particularly Bohemian style. Which of course I put together in my own strange, but inimitable way, call it Boho if anyone asks, and just hope for the best.
For summertime I love colour, flower prints and just adding something a little unexpected to an everyday look. Not sure about you, but certainly for me it’s a pity I just missed the Swinging Sixties because I would have loved that era as a young adult.
You might also like: Super Style Tips for staying stylish over 50
Maybe you were you around to make the most of those years? Perhaps you have a favourite memory or outfit to share with us in the comments?
For now though, if you’re a Boho wannabe this summer, here are few tips I’ve gathered up from around and about to share with you.
5 Boho Style Tips for Over 50’s
- Keep things feminine and chic by mixing oversized garments with tailored or fitted clothes.
- If you want to beat the heat (and cover from the sun) wear Boho style clothes that allow for airflow – like a kaftan and loose pants – topped with a hat.
- Boho colours are usually rich, warm and earthy – taupes, greens, burnt siennas, cream, khaki, beige, golden and Byzantium colours, but me, well I like to add a bit of colour too or go for floaty in monochrome.
- Boho can translate into street beggar or hippy if you’re not careful. So mix in elements of your own style to keep it chic and don’t over accessorize.
- Natural fibres and leather are definitely the go to’s for pure Boho style.
Boho Style Resources
I’ve just found Zaful for Bohemian style dresses. I might be spending some time here 😉
And footwear … check out these chic, boho style, real leather sandals from FRANKiE4 I’m super thrilled to have been chosen as one of 10 bloggers to represent FRANKiE4.
If you like the fashion ideas I’ve put together in the Style Board above you can find them at Millers and Katie’s (Yep, I’m an affiliate and receive tiny commissions at no cost to you. When I buy a
porsche bottle of wine from these ill gotten gains, I’ll let you know)
Over to you Lifestylers. What’s your style? Or have you got any personal tips for Boho Style to share with us?