When I was growing up I was reliably informed by an elderly relative that the colour black was only for funerals.
Over the years I’ve struggled with black because of this deep seated aversion which brings up sepulchral visions for me, and yet black suits me well and I always feel great in it.
It’s slimming – tick
It’s smart – tick
It’s pretty much suitable for any occasion (except perhaps a wedding) – tick
This season, monochrome is back in, so I’m told, and when Millers kindly supplied me with a clothing voucher I was keen to see what I could come up with for $150 and decided to stick with black. white and grey which meant that I was able to essentially put two looks together for $158 – only $8 over budget for 6 items. Bloomin’ marvellous I thought!
The first item that caught my eye because it’s getting chilly in these here parts was a black and white Melton Coat (size 10). It’s lined and really comfy to wear. I found it marked down from $60 to $40 which I thought was quite a bargain.
I teemed it up with a pair of regular slim, Ponte Pants in black, $20 (size 10), which feel like a second skin and are super easy to wear, although I know I’ll always need a long top with them to hide my tum.
To go under the coat I found a pink/grey floral 3/4 sleeve T-shirt (size 12) for $25, and then as I was making my way to the change rooms I spotted a tile print scarf also in pinky greys that was marked down from $15 to $8 which I can throw on in colder weather.
Boots were next and a pair of Amy Mid Wedge Gold ankle boots caught my eye which were marked down from $50 to $25 and are so comfortable to wear – they’ll be a staple item of my wardrobe this winter.
Finally I brushed past something really soft. It felt luxurious to touch and I slipped it on over the T-shirt and Pants, and just had to buy it. A Zig-Zag Stitch Feather Poncho in black and white for $40.
Fashionable gear that won’t break the bank
Millers’ philosophy is that ‘women of a certain age’ should be able to look stylish while always feeling comfortable, and the clothes I bought the other day are testimony to that.
I was so honoured to be featured on the Miller’s Blog recently and they put together a lovely clothes story board to suit my style – I wonder if you’ll relate to their choices too? Why not take a look, here : Miller’s Blog
If you’d like to ‘get this look‘ have a squizz at the online store here …
or visit a store near you. I’m not sure how much longer these items will be in stock, but I’m sure you’ll find something else you like.
Want to Win a $50 clothing Voucher from Millers?
- Show a bit of love and follow Lifestyle Fifty on Facebook.
- In the comments section tell me : What are your biggest fashion concerns or questions about style.
- You can write up to 3 different comments. The comment (picked by an outside adjudicator) as the best will be the winner.
- Consider signing up to Lifestyle Fifty’s free Newsletter (link at top in sidebar) – you know you’ll love it
- Spam comments will be deleted. Unverifiable persons will not be considered.
- Closing Date for entries is 20th May 2015
Terms and Conditions
- The name of the promotion is Lifestyle Fifty Millers $50 Gift Voucher Giveaway 2015.
- Other conditions of entry are as stated in points 1-6 above.
- Entries close 5pm May 20th, 2015, Perth, Australia time. Comments submitted after this time will not be considered for the giveaway.
- This is a game of skill.
- The Winners will be notified via email.
- The results of the giveaway will be published on this site.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Sorry Giveaway is open for Australian residents only
Disclaimer : I’m a Millers’ affiliate and I received a gift voucher for the clothes featured in this post.
This competition is now closed: Winners, Sue and Ingrid have been notified by email.