If it’s Thursday then it’s Lovin Life day.
We bring you news, views, and useful shenanigans that have brightened our week, and which we hope will brighten yours too.
Bite Sip Slam
Who loves a good dunking biscuit with your tea or coffee? I know I do (as a treat).
For those of you who are biscuit lovers have you tried the new Arnotts Tim Tam flavours yet?
I’ve just come across …
- Choc hazelnut and gooey caramel flavour
- Choc Malt and Sticky Caramel Flavour
- Dark Choc and Sticky Raspberry Flavour
Just right for a bit of slam dunking!
Check out my Instagram stories later today and I’ll show you how to do the Bite – Sip – Slam!
A Little Quiz
True or False? Answers at the end of this post.
- The brand ‘Tim Tam’ came from the name of an American thoroughbred racehorse who won the Kentucky Derby in 1958
- Around 50 million packets of Tim Tam are sold every year.
- Arnott’s originated from Mr and Mrs Arnotts, an old Tasmanian couple who used to bake cookies from their home oven.
What I’m Reading
The Fast 800 by Dr Michael Mosley
So I’m going to ‘fess up that although I love biscuits, I’d like to lose 5kgs in weight, not for vanity, but because I don’t feel healthy or comfortable at the weight I am now.
I’ve been reading the Fast 800 by Dr Michael Mosley and I’m going to adopt those principles.
I’m also going to try eating only between 5pm and 8pm each day which will include one healthy meal, and healthy snacks like fruit.
“Recent studies have shown that 800 calories is the magic number when it comes to successful dieting – high enough to be manageable but low enough to speed weight loss and trigger a range of desirable metabolic changes.”
Dr Mosley says if offers a flexible way to help you lose weight, improve mood and reduce blood pressure, inflammation and blood sugars.Dr Michael Mosley
Not for everyone I know, and certainly not suitable for you if you have any health related issues, but I’m going to give it a go for a short period of time – not forever. I’ll keep you posted.
NB: Diet and health tips are shared from my own perspective. Please seek advice from your Dr or health professional before following any of my health related or diet tips on Lifestyle Fifty.
I’ve been loving my Fancy Fans this summer. Just right for invoking a little cool breeze when the temperatures have sizzled. Relaxing by the pool in the garden, or if we’ve been out for lunch they’ve come in really handy.
They make great gift items as each design is a talking point – or you could buy a selection to put in your present drawer, perhaps stocking gifts or for next year’s Christmas Secret Santa occasions.
There are lots of lovely designs to choose from and you’ll find it really hard to choose just one! See all the colourful choices on Etsy below.
Fancy Hand Fans
Check out on Etsy
Featured in Friday Lens Affair
Always lovin life when I’m interviewed for another website. Thank you Friday Lens Affair.
Are you frustrated by the amount of plastic in your home?
We are, and we’ve been attempting to cut down on unnecessary plastic stuff.
I’m always happy to hear about eco friendly products which bypass plastic.
I came across The Lotus Trolley Bag system the other day, a sustainable and fun solution to plastic bags at the supermarket.
Jennifer and Farzan are the founders of the Lotus Trolley Bag system, a four bag system that spreads out in your shopping cart at check-out for easier, greener and more organised shopping.
I think these bags are wonderful. They’re innovative, eco-friendly and practical.
- They provide a sustainable and convenient solution to plastic bags to help tackle the global plastic waste epidemic.
- They make packing and organising of groceries simple.
- There’s an insulated cooler bag to help keep frozen products cold.
- The rods are removable
- Really useful to use at smaller stores that don’t have conveyor belts at checkout, or at Aldi where you’re meant to pack your bags after you leave the checkout.
- Velcro handles attach to the grocery cart handle so you can hang your bags from your trolley while you shop.
Lotus Trolley Bags
Check them out Here
Answers to Quiz
Do you use or love any of these products?
Which would you like to try most?
Image to Pin
This post contains gifted merchandise, and affiliate links from which I stand to earn a small commission (if you buy from them) at no cost to you. Lifestyle Fifty Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.