Essentials for summer in WA include a beach bag that’s packed and ready to go. Whether it’s because of global warming, or perhaps it’s down to our resolve to live in the moment, we’ve been going to the beach lots this summer to keep cool and swim. Because I’m an over packer I always take a beach bag with me stuffed with everything I need to make our day at the beach comfortable.
There are so many different types of womens beach bags these days from which to choose. Whether you want a travel beach bag, waterproof beach bags, a mesh bag with pockets, a canvas beach bag, a beach backpack or a family beach bag you’ll find every shape and variety to suit your own specific ‘summer essentials’ in today’s blog post.
I don’t know about you, but I take a whole lot of what I consider beach necessities with me – not including the kitchen sink. Quite.
But the basic beach necessities are swimmers, towel, cover up dress or sarong, suncream and water.
However, I take much more!
First Up, let’s talk beachbags.
If you’re searching for something new, then search no more. I’ve picked out a variety of funky beach bags you can buy online. From quirky beach bags, to waterproof beach bags, and beach bags made of jute.
Ultimate Beach Bag
If I had to pick the best beach bag, or someone was gifting me one I’d point to this one!
I love this waterproof beach bag, with handy compartments including a phone case.
- It’s crisp, classy and practical.
- It’s large and roomy with a big inner pocket, two outside pockets, and waterproof lining.
- It has a water and sand proof pvc case inside to keep your smartphone, credit cards and cash dry.
- It has a built in keyholder and bottle opener.
- It has rope handles and a magnet clasp.
- It’s fresh, beachy, practical and waterproof.
- The rope handles I think give it a nautical look.
- Check it out Here.
Beach Bag Checklist
Things I keep in my beach bag
These are my must-have beach items:-
- Teselate sandproof towel
- Waterbottle – I prefer something sturdy like this Hydro Flask Waterbottle which is dishwasher safe, and keeps drinks icy cold or hot. So it’s great for either cold water or hot coffee. It’s BPA-free, phthalate-free, and made of stainless steel; fits car cup holder.
- Sarong – I love sarongs as a quick cover up, or to slip on over my swimmers for a beach cafe lunch. This sarong made in Bali is lovely.
- Swimsuit – I prefer to choose a swimsuit with tummy control.
- Suncream – I love and always use Nu Skin Sunbright – It’s factor SPF53 and non greasy.
- Hand Sanitizer – These days it’s a necessity.
- Rash Vest – I like a long sleeve rashguard with UV protection. I prefer ones that zip up the front such as this Speedo Swimshirt.
- Hat – Read this post for the best sun protection hats with reviews.
- Hair scrunchy – I like to keep my hair up if it’s hot.
- Small hair brush – For my beach bag I favour this sort of handy folding hairbrush with mirror .
- Book – I’m currently reading “Red White and Royal Blue.”
- Waterproof phone holder – I love this waterproof phone holder that is also transparent. Great to protect your phone from splashes and sand.
- Body Wipes – No showers at the beach? It happens. And you want to go home feeling free of salt, then these biodegradable, hypoallergenic Body Wipes are just the thing. They come in a variety of sizes, they’re alcohol-free, don’t leave a sticky residue, and also have a moisturizing component.
Essential beach items include waterbottles.
Never go to the beach without water. I prefer a sturdy waterbottle, preferably made of stainless steel which can be wiped clean.
Here’s a selection of cute and cool waterbottles to choose from:-
Click on the images to learn more.
Beach Bag Essentials
I absolutely can’t go to the beach without a sarong. It’s definitely near the top of my beach bag essentials.
It’s just the best item of clothing to slip over your swimsuit to pop to the beach cafe, or to cover up as you walk back to the car.
I use mine to drape over my shoulders if it’s sunny, or over my legs if I’m lying down and want to protect myself from the sun.
I also use a sarong as a towel to lie on, or dry myself, if I’m travelling light and don’t have a towel with me.
Here’s a selection from luxe to less … click on the images to learn more.
Your Ultimate Beach Bag Checklist
Grab a pen and paper and write down all the things you need to put in your beachbag.
Put the list inside the beach bag and refer to it each time you pack.
Then place the list somewhere you can find it again for when you unpack.
What will you put in your beach bag?
Here are some suggestions for an ultimate beach bag checklist:-
- Cover up dress
- Cover up shirt – long sleeves
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet Wipes
- Suntan lotion
- Suntan block for lips
- Eats and Treats
- Portable game like Banagram
- Mobile Phone
If you have a mobile phone, you’ll probably want to keep it with you at the beach. Just remember to protect it from salt, sand and spillages. I love this see through Waterproof Phone Pouch Dry Bag
Beach Bags Amazon
Amazon has a fantastic variety of beach bags at great prices, such as this water resistant large tote bag, and this mesh beach bag with loads of compartments.
Family Beach Bags
Check out my compilation below for family beach bags, and super totes for personal use.
Click on the images to find out more.
Best Beach Bags for Moms
Moms need super sturdy, super practical beach bags with compartments for everything. It also needs to be lightweight as a lot is going to be packed in there!
When my kids were little I loved a beach bag with one large main compartment and lots of smaller ones around the outside so that I could quickly and easily find what I needed for my littlies – definitely one of my essentials for summer.
This mesh tote bag is a great choice of beach bag for moms for lots of reasons:-
- It’s an extra large beach bag with a Japanese YKK zipper.
- It can fit 6 towels, beach necessities, beach toys, sunscreen and drinks.
- It’s designed to be comfortable to carry.
- It has carry handles with a padded grip and a removable long shoulder strap.
- There are 7 strong drop pockets and 1 water resistant inside pouch – the outside pockets are enclosed with an elastic top, and are ideal for bottles, flip flops, toys, sunglasses, sunscreen and more. The large water resistant inner pocket is ideal for your car keys, phone, kindle and more.
- Kids wet bathers and towels will air dry quicker in the mesh bag.
- Sandy toys and towels will shake out through the netting meaning less sand in your car.
- Bottom of the mesh beach tote is waterproof, so you can put the bag down on wet surfaces or wet sand and the inside contents will stay dry.
Check out images and more information about the best beach bag for mums Here.
Best Beach BackPack
I love a backpack. You are hands-free which makes life so much simpler, and carrying weight on both your shoulders is so much easier than slinging a bag over one shoulder and swapping sides when it gets to heavy. You know what I mean! We’ve all done it.
A beach backpack should definitely be in your international packing list items because it can double up as hand carry when necessary.
This spacious Neso Beach Tote offers the best of both – it’s a tote bag and a beach bag that easily converts into a beach backpack with backpack straps.
It features …
- A waterproof inner pocket perfect for your wet items.
- The Neso Tote stands upright in the sand, and doesn’t flop over when empty.
- Has a large opening for easy access to your beach accessories.
- Made from recycled materials – Durable canvas on the outside with an inside seam sealed liner you can wipe clean.
- It has multiple inner pockets and a key holder.
- The large outer pockets are ideal for water bottles.
- There are front buckles for your towel/picnic blanket.
Check out the images and more information about the Neso Beach Tote out Here.
Beach Gift Bag Ideas
For your next Secret Santa, or birthday present for a friend, why not think about gifting a beach gift bag; a beach bag filled with some beach going necessities? It makes a unique, useful and special gift, and the person you give it too will be reminded of you everytime they head for the ocean.
I think waterproof beachbags are better to gift than something in fabric or canvas because they’ll last longer and can be wiped clean.
What to put in a beach bag gift
- A waterproof beach bag
- A towel
- A book
- A waterbottle
Happy Beach Days!
If you’re in the Northern Hemisphere you’ll all be looking forward to beach days. Let’s hope you have lots of them. And for those of you in Aus, well, there’s still time to go and get active on the beach, soak up a few rays and spot dolphins – as I was lucky to do below …
Beach Images – Essentials for Summer
Pins for you to add to Pinterest
Photo by Camille Minouflet
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post “Essentials for Summer” from which I stand to earn a small commission but at no cost to you. If there are gifted items they are marked with an * asterisk. Lifestyle Fifty Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Such a great list!
One of my absolute beach essentials is a quick dry travel towel. It dries very fast, and is super compact. Also I love to bring a flask/thermos with hot coffee (yep, even if it’s hot outside).
Great tips! Thank you 🙂
Great essentials discuss in this blog for a day at beach