5 Tips to disguise your muffin top
- Wear high rise jeans, not low cut jeans.
- The wrong top is the wrong top. Too tight and you’ll show your muffin off to all and sundry. Too loose and you’ll just look bigger. Go for a top that flows beautifully around your upper body, and just skims the area you’d like to disguise.
- A well cut open jacket or cardigan that curves in at the waist, worn over your top will do wonders for your waistline.
- Wrap dresses are often a good choice, because they hide the offending area nicely.
- Trapeze style dresses even though loose-fitting, can be remarkably stylish and slimming if you team them with funky footwear and jewellery or a scarf. Often these type of dresses come in bright, block colours, which is a win.
Love me a cherry red. I don’t suit maroon type red, but cherry .. Ahh she brightens my day and my skin tone.
If that cherry red is washed upon an easy wear blouse with a flattering shape that just skims my hips, then I’m one happy women.
Be gone muffin top!
For some reason the moment I turned 50 I developed a muffin top, that has only increased in size despite my best efforts to get rid of it.
I hear from many of you that you’re in the same tight spot.
What to do?
Wail and complain?
Nobody’s gonna listen and anyway, life’s too short.
The answer is hide it my friends, just hide it.
How to hide a muffin top
Going all kaftan and Demis Roussos (remember him? Gawd that ages us!) is not the way to go. You’ll only look huge.
Slim cut off pants almost to the ankle, like the ones I’m wearing will balance a flouncy top, and a bright colour will draw the eye to well, the colour, not the midriff.
The separates in the photos are by Vivid International. You can find stockists Here. The blouse is paired with white capri pants which are stretchy and comfy with an elasticated waist for those days when you’re seeking a little stretch around the middle if the muffin top wants to break free.
I love the fact that the blouse has almost elbow length sleeves, a cute detailed neckline and an extra chiffon-like hemline in white which adds enough length to cover an ample derriere without looking like ‘so much material.’
The SALLiE ankle boots are from FRANKiE4. These are easily my most comfortable boots, and go with so many things. I love the different sized footbeds they come with too.
Finally pop on a large pair of sunnies, and you’re good to go 🙂
View this post on Instagram
Love this cheery ensemble. Wearing Vivid separates by @vividinternational and @frankie4footwear leather ankle boots. .. .. .. #gifted #vivid #everydaystyle #gotostyle #fashionpost #instastyle #fblogger #lookbook #fashionlover #outfitoftheday #ootdshare #lookoftheday #mylook #styleblogger #over50style #babyboomerstyle #over40style #lifestyleblog #makemoments #currentlywearing #over50andthriving. #50plusstyle #fashionblogger #getthelook #styleinspo #whatiwore #australiandesigned #womenwithstyle #styleisageless #over50blogger
I hope you have fun creatively covering your muffins today. Embrace and enjoy I say 🙂
You might also like:
Best Style Dresses to Hide Tummy
Disclaimer: Gifted products in this post.
Do you have a favourite top to disguise your muffin top?
That colour really suits you Jo. Looking lovely – and thanks for the tips from a fellow muffin top! (I don’t even like muffins!)
Thanks Janet! I know – me neither! Just not fair is it 😉
Life Images by Jill
I definitely go for a longer top these days. And bright colours!
Great choices Jill!