Today I’m taking part in the Mystery Case Worth Casing Blog Awards by answering some questions about clothes, blogging and songs. Sound intriguing? I’m wondering how you’d answer the questions too. Yes, looking forward to your own Comments in the reply section.
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started blogging in 2010 when my children were about to leave home. I was a freelance writer and having just moved from South Africa I was finding it hard to re-establish a network of editors and paying gigs for my work and I didn’t want to collapse in a heap, and feel without purpose when my children left home.
When we had been researching Bunbury as a place to come and live back in 2008, I couldn’t find many photos or information online, and I thought we were heading to “Hicksville” – honestly shamefully, I didn’t think it would be a great place to come to. Arriving here was a different matter. We began exploring the region and found out how fantastic both Bunbury and the South West are, so I started blogging about it to help other people coming to live or holiday in the area.
I started ZigaZag (my travel blog) in 2010, and in 2013 Lifestyle Fifty was born because I realised how many women ‘of a certain age’ were reading ZigaZag and wanting more lifestyle posts.
Just before I first started blogging I helped found a writer’s group in Bunbury called the South Side Quills. There were only four of us to begin with, now there are 12 – some of the talented bunch are pictured below at our end of year Christmas lunch yesterday. They have all been incredibly supportive as I moved away from wanting to write a novel towards writing Blogs and Blog Posts.
2. If your wardrobe could talk what would it say about you and tell us about your favourite or most worn item?
My wardrobe would say: “Tone down the colours, Jo!”
My most worn item is a green jacket from W Lane which I wore all over Europe when we visited for earlier this year. I have a post in which it features (and it was photographed in front of many famous landmarks). Yep, love that jacket still.
You might like: Travelling Outfits : What to wear for Springtime in Europe
3. What’s your idea of the perfect date night?
A table set out by the pool, with candles. Some simply cooked salmon with plenty of garlic and lemon juice, a bottle of Angelicus Panis (sparkling) and my man. We’ve been married 27 years, but still enjoy romantic date nights.
4. What’s on your Worth Casing list?
Clothing brands that understand the challenges of a maturing body.
5. If you had a theme song what would it be and why?
“I still haven’t found what I’m looking for” (U2) because I’m on a life-journey and I still believe that travelling is more exciting than the destination.
- How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
- If your wardrobe could talk what would it say about you and tell us about your favourite or most worn item?
- What’s your idea of the perfect date night?
- What’s on your Worth Casing list?
- If you had a theme song what would it be and why?
What you need to know:
- YES!!! If I haven’t nominated you – You can nominate yourself!
- One Worth Casing Blogger will receive 6 months advertising on Mystery Case worth $500
- Game of Skill with three mystery non bloggers judging this one
- Not associated with any third party
- (Entries Close December 14, 2014 9 pm (Perth time) for the competition to win 6 months advertising)
- Winner announced on the Mystery Case blog
Here’s what to do:
Answer the Five in Five questions via a blog post.
Link back or mention the blogger that nominated you.
Nominate and inform five of your favourite worth casing bloggers.
GRAB the Worth Casing Blog Award for your blog post.
Head to Mystery Case and link up your Five in Five posts.
For those of you who aren’t bloggers, I’d love to know what your own theme song would be and why? Please share in the comments won’t you?