Hey Everyone, and welcome to a new series – “Before and After” – featuring (cough) willing Lifestyle Fifty Readers in a “Before” they get ready outfit, followed by the “After” version, along with their tips for a healthy daily routine. and how they get ready to walk out of the house looking great. Today Leanne shares her morning routine checklist.
Leanne writes a fantastic blog for women of a certain age called Cresting the Hill (scroll to the end of the post for the link to her blog.)
“I used to define my life by saying I was a wife, or a mother, or by what I did as my profession. Now I define myself on my own terms – as a woman in my own right. I’m discovering who I am, and I’m really liking that person! It’s like I’ve reached the “crest of the hill” in life, the climb is behind me and the view stretches out in front,” says Leanne.
Personal makeovers might be wonderful, but I don’t know about you – I’ve never had one. So I rely on hints and tips from my friends, magazines and the internet to help me look my best, feel great, and maintain a healthy daily routine. Which is why I’m very thankful to Leanne today for sharing what works for her.
Leanne’s Morning Routine Checklist
5 points for getting ready in the morning.
- Take a morning walk – if I don’t do that first thing then I know I won’t do it later in the day. As my metabolism slows down in Midlife I need to move more and eat less (neither is a fantastic option – but both are necessities).
- I “do” my hair every morning – not the whole wash and blow dry thing, but definitely a little smooth and style with the hairdryer or if I want to look a little bit snazzier I use my Instyler Ionic Styler to give me a bit of bounce.
- I’m not a big wearer of makeup but I discovered a super cheap Mode 2 in 1 foundation/concealer stick that is ridiculously cheap at $3 and helps cover up the dark circles and age “spots” then it’s a dash of mascara and a bit of eye colour and a smear of lipstick – I also love the Nivea Pearly Shine lip balm for a bit of sheen.
- Clothes-wise I work on what needs the least amount of ironing without looking like a scruff! I am loving a lot of the clothes that Millers is putting out these days – really appropriate for Midlife and they often have 40% off sales or free shipping on their online stuff. The dress I’m wearing in the pic came from Millers and was a bargain buy.
- Shoes are another issue altogether – I found the cute little boots in the pic on sale at Target and they’ve been fantastic (but I also admit to loving my ugg boots around the house in Winter!)
PS – My husband offered his 5 points about my morning routine …
- Leave getting out of bed as long as possible
- Crawl into the bathroom
- Complain loudly about how cold and dark it is
- Talk about quitting my job so I can sleep in
- Trudge off for my morning walk
I prefer my version but can’t really deny his either ☺
Here’s me, before I’m ready to leave the house …
And After …
The dress is from Millers Fashion (I buy a lot of stuff there these days) – bought on super duper special (I love a bargain!).
Taking these selfie photos certainly made me appreciate how hard it is to look effortless when you’re taking a fashion selfie!
A big thanks to Leanne for her morning checklist and for tips about her healthy morning habits. And thanks too for her humour and her fabulous before and after shots 🙂 If you’d like to read more about Leanne and her world, then grab a cup of coffee and pop over to Cresting the Hill for a wonderful read. You won’t be disappointed.
Would you like to feature in this “Before and After” series on Lifestyle Fifty? Please send a photo of your Before and After look, with details of the clothes you’re wearing and 5 of your top tips for getting out of the door looking fabulous. Please fill in your details on the Contacts form.
Lifestyle Fifty Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you purchase a product from one of these links it will not cost you any more, but Lifestyle Fifty may earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting my site and keeping the lights on!