When it comes to getting dressed, I’m a lazy girl at heart, and sometimes deciding what to wear can be a headache.
But putting on an everyday dress is so easy. Just one item of clothing and that’s it – no faffing around with mix ‘n match items, no worrying about the size of my bum or tummy in jeans.
Just slip on a dress that suits your body shape, and off you go. It’s the lazy girl’s go-to because you can go from ‘Waah’ to ‘Wow’ in a couple of minutes, which is just one of the reasons to wear a dress – and then of course, you can also dress it up or dress it down as you wish.
Below, I styled the Leona Edmiston Lucette dress three ways. It’s in a beautiful Night Garden print, from the Ruby Range.
If you pop over now (today’s date) and get there in time for the sale, you could grab it at a bargain basement price of just $95.
To buy a Leona Edmiston frock – Click Here.
13 Good Reasons to wear an everyday dress
- Simply add jewellery and you’re set to dazzle.
- Change the look of a dress by adding a jacket – or maybe a cardigan.
- Add a scarf and change the look again.
- Try it with shoes, ankle boots or even knee high boots in winter.
- You can twirl in a dress! Okay you can do this in shorts or pants too, but it doesn’t have the same glamorous effect.
- You could do the Marilyn Monroe pose over an air vent (no don’t let’s go there!)
- Doesn’t matter what shape you are – there’s a dress to fit you. Long, tall, bumpy, curvy or short there are dresses to suit us all.
- If you don’t like your legs (many women tell me this) then either wear a longer midi or maxi dress … or wear thicker support tights in winter and team your shorter length dress with knee length boots.
- If you don’t like your tummy wear a dress with a wrap effect (see the Leona Edmiston dress I’m wearing which hides a multitude of sins).
- Dresses are great to wear on days when you’re feeling bloated or if you’re going out for the all-you-can-eat buffet in a restaurant. You just won’t feel the same wearing a tight pair of jeans.
- You actually don’t have to worry about things like: “Will my bum look big in this!”
- Truth be told, you’re more likely to receive compliments if you’re wearing a dress.
- If you pick it right, then wearing a dress can make you feel more confident.
Above I styled ‘Harmony’ for three different occasions. Harmony is also from the Ruby Range at Leona Edmiston. I’m wearing it with FRANKiE4 Tan Ankle Boots (really comfortable boots which look great with jeans, cut offs and dresses) and last season’s black boots from Millers.
Designer Dress or not?
If you up the ante a tad, and go from chain store to designer dress, you’ll be doing yourself some big favours.
- The cut will be better
- It will most probably have a more exclusive print
- It’s more likely to make you feel amazing.
“But I can’t afford a designer dress!” I can hear you bleating.
Okay, so I thought the same until I discovered the Leona Edmiston range.
And if you pop over to the Leona Edmiston website you could grab yourself a sale bargain right now.
Whatever you choose to wear today – be fabulous! I know you are 🙂
Disclaimer: I was gifted the Lucette dress for editorial consideration. However, I have bought several Leona Edmiston dresses because I love them so much! I hope you do too.
You’ve inspired me right there! Time to find a great dress, and I love those tan ankle boots of yours!
Oh, that’s so good Alicia 🙂 (let us know if you find a great dress) and thank you 🙂
Hello Jo, the new look is very good. I know it’s a big job changing themes, but it’s looking good so far. Now then, I have got my winter outfits, jeans, new wooly tops with cowl necks and a warm wrap-me-up cardi… and that’s what I am wearing every day. It’s boring but easy. However I shall pack dresses to head over to Scotland next week, never know, the sun may shine.
I just do not have a winter dress… something to change when I get back.
Hello Seanna, thank you. I know it’s more of a headache than you bargain for! Your winter outfits sounds just perfect, but I’m glad you’re taking a dress to Bonnie Scotland next week (have fun). I think the weather is gorgeous in the UK right now?
Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
You’ve definitely go the legs for it! I’m off to work on my legs right now …
Go well! Both you and your lovely legs, Leanne!
Janet Camilleri (@middleagedmama1)
Hi Jo! I’m a big fan of wearing dresses during the warmer months ie October – May in my neck of the woods but tend to forget about them during winter. But you’ve just encouraged me to try out a dress or two even when the weather is colder – that’s what tights, boots, jackets and scarves are for!
That’s great Janet! Can’t wait for the blog post and pics 🙂
Lyndall @ SeizeTheDayProject
Love the Lucette dress Jo. I have a couple of Leona Edmiston dresses, which I feel great in. At the moment I’m happy wearing my jeans and boots most days, but these dresses make a great alternative 🙂 #TeamLovinLife
Jeans and boots are a great winter staple, and don’t get me wrong, I like that look a lot, Lyndall. That’s great that you have a couple of Leona Edmiston dresses already. I like wearing them with thicker winter tights and boots at the moment.
Yes I’m a dress girl for sure. They are so easy to where and when you have such great legs like yours, I would be wearing them all the time too! I also like to spend a little more on clothing that is tailored and made from good quality fabrics. Cheap always looks cheap and doesn’t fall well. I love the blue dress on you Jo. 🙂 #TeamLovinLife
I agree, Kathy. Sometimes cheap isn’t cheap 😉 and Thank you 🙂
I’m a dress girl – but never used to be. For special occasions (& work) I go for a Leona – most of the rest of the time I do the boho hippie thing. #TeamLovinLife
Love the boho hippie thing too Jo!
I agree with this 100%!! And if fact, we were just talking about this at knitting today!! I think dresses are so much easier—it surprises me that more women don’t wear them!!
They are so easy aren’t they Jodie – but seems like we think they are trickier, when in fact it’s a mind game we play 😉
I love a pretty dress and don’t take the opportunity to wear one anywhere near often enough – especially in winter. I might have to get one and try it with some tights for warmth – loved that shade of blue on you.
Thanks Leanne 🙂 That print and shade is so jewel like isn’t it? I think it would suit most colouring.
Life Images by Jill
Thanks for all these good reasons to buy a dress. I might just have to do that., but I don’t like showing off my knees these days I love this blue dress on you Jo, but then you always look so great! , Anyway I went over to have a look on the site. I have a problem with buying on line…how are they with returns? Thanks Jo.
Hi Jill, and thank you 🙂 I’ve found that Leona Edmiston are very good with returns. I bought a dress in the wrong size and filled out a returns form, sent the dress back, and my money was refunded. Just make sure of the policy when you’re buying sale items, and remember you have to pay the return postage. But still, it’s a good fall back thing to know and I hope it gives you confidence to buy online from Leona.